Thursday, August 9, 2007

Quick update 8/9/2007

No new pics this week. Forgot to take any last Sunday before I left for home and the real world.

Appliances were scheduled to arrive last Saturday but, did not and are now re-scheduled for this Saturday, August 11. Got a lot of painting done but, have a lot yet to do. All the living room/kitchen/hallway has been cut in and some of it rolled. Color looks pretty good. Pantry
and utility rooms are finished.
Had to go meet the truck with the hardwood flooring on Tuesday. Truck driver dropped off two pallets of boxes and I had to carry them all inside the hosue. There were 56 boxes that weigh 71 pounds a piece!! Now that is a job for an old man like me but, I got her done and then painted some more.
Travis and Debbie arrive tomorrow afternoon and we are meeting Troy, Pam and the girls for some ribs at Angelo's!!
I have a floor sander and nail gun reserved at Grooms' rental center in Mabank and need to pick them up at 7 am on Saturday. Troy and Debbie are staying with Troy and Pam and driving down on Saturday morning. My plan is to get as much of the hardwood floor down as possible.
I decided to use 3/4" thick 5" wide heart pine.
Brings up an interesting point. Where can you purchase unfinished flooring without going thru something like a 'Lumber Liquidators'? I couldn't find anything anywhere.
I bought the prefinished flooring. Unfinished was $2.99 sf and finished was $3.79 sf. I figured for $.80 sf, it was well worth it. Went with Charleston Chestnut color.
As far as I know, kitchen cabinets are still due a week from Saturday, Aug 18th. Hopefully, I can get them installed that same weekend along with the appliances and maybe finish up the flooring/painting, etc that I know won't all be complete.
Biggest job left after that is the bathrooms which we haven't even started yet.
But, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

No comments: